As the 2016 NFL season draws closer, many industry experts will be focused on the land of a thousand lakes and the Minnesota Vikings’ new stadium in Minneapolis – U.S. Bank Stadium. The brand new stadium exemplifies a trend of big time investment in venues across the sports industry, but especially in the National Football League. Forbes has predicted that the NFL will generate over $13 billion dollars in revenue in 2016. While $13 billion in revenue is quite an impressive number, perhaps the most significant indicator of the health of the NFL brand is the number of multi-billion dollar stadiums under proposal or currently being constructed.
In our series on new sporting venues across the major North American sports leagues, we will be examining what is unique about each venue and what amenities and features these massive investments are providing in-stadium fans. Since the 2016 NFL season will be U.S. Bank Stadium’s inaugural one, our first post will give Vikings fans a little taste of what the Metrodome’s replacement has to offer.
What’s cool/unique about Minnesota’s U.S. Bank Stadium?
- It looks like a Viking longship
- It is one of the only stadiums in the NFL with a single truss design, which enables it to shed the snow and ice common during Minnesota winters
- It has Turf Suites literally right on top of the field, close enough that fans can almost hear the play calls
- The stands are the closest to the field of any stadium in the NFL, so fans can really feel those bone-crunching hit
How does it compare to the old Metrodome?
- It is almost twice the size
- Has twice as many bathrooms
- 44 more luxury suites
- 8,000 additional club seats
- Six new VIP lounges
- Six different types of luxury suite to cater for all different sizes and types of groups
It is safe to say that fans of the Purple People Eaters will be extremely entertained in their swanky new stadium: there is truly an experience for everyone.
Sports fans should stay tuned to the Suite Experience Group’s Blog as the summer progresses. We will be examining all of the new arenas opening up around the NHL, NFL, MLB and NBA this year. The next venue in our series will be the NBA’s most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly arena, the Sacramento King’s Golden 1 Center.
As always if you’re looking to buy a luxury suite, check out our website.